I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Who's that girl? Interview - Jennifer Jakes

We're headed O/S to the USA again! Please welcome another Unsinkable & 2010 Golden Heart® finalist.

Name? Jennifer Jakes.

Where are you? Midwestern, USA.

How many years have you been a member of RWAmerica? 2 years.

What genre do you write? (Erotic) Historical Western Romance.

Who are your favourite authors? Maya Banks, Kimberly Killion, AnnMarie McKenna, Sabrina Jeffries.

What inspired you to write romance? I don't know really. I was just always that little girl thinking "Once upon a time" & "They lived happily ever after".

Who's your dream agent and/or dream publisher? I don't have one.

What's the best thing about going to conference? Meeting old and new friends.

And lastly, finish these statements...
My greatest strength as a writer is...
continuity.
A sexy hero needs...to be an Alpha male -- preferably an emotionally wounded Alpha.
My latest WIP (work in progress) is about...Alaska, 1898, during the Yukon (Klondike) gold rush. Nora goes to Alaska to find her brother who has escaped from a mental asylum. My hero  (Garrett) is in Alaska to take his newly widowed sister back home. Out of necessity Garrett and Nora are forced to travel together to the gold fields - and of course their attraction for each other takes over. ;)  But when Garrett's sister is found dead, Nora's brother is the most likely suspect, making Garrett and Nora doubt everything about their new relationship and threatening to rip them apart.
When I write I like to...have complete silence.
My best writing milestone to date is...the sale of my Golden Heart® finalist manuscript, RAFE'S REDEMPTION, to The Wild Rose Press, Scarlet Rose line.

Jennifer, thanks for answering my questions! If you'd like to find out more about her, visit her website.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie,
    Thanks so much for letting me visit you and your readers today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wild Rose Press is a good place! :) I like strong "alpha" male types, too, and do seem to write about "wounded" ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer, it's always fun to have visitors! LOL

    Judy, welcome to my blog, great you could pop in and say hi to Jennifer. Thanks for coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie and Jennifer. Your work in progress sounds great, Jennifer. I love stories about the Alaskan gold rush. Am with you re the wounded alphas too. (Great photo BTW).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You sure do like to torture your characters--as all good authors should. :) The book sounds great!

    Good luck and hope you sell many!

    Melissa Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Leigh and Melissa, good to hear the tortured alpha's are still popular with readers. Sometimes you wonder with so many books out there with them.

    I have to admit I find them much more interesting than some of the other archetypes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer,
    love your post - straight to the point! =))
    Love me a tortured alpha hero *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love books set in Alaska! Did you enjoy your research? Congratulations on your release. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Jen. Your new novel sounds intriguing and I can't wait to buy Rafe's Redemption. I've read a few chapters, ladies, and it's great. Jennifer is a talented writer. Also, I just LOVE the cover. WRP did a great job. Hmmm. Maybe I should query them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gillian and Beth, thanks for visiting and saying hi to Jennifer.

    Beth, the cover is eye-catchng isn't it? I like how the first thing I look at is the couple.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Kylie and Jennifer!

    What a gorgeous cover you have for Rafe's Redemption, Jennifer. Love the sound of your wip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to get my hands on your novel -- as you know :-) Congrats on your sale and your lovely cover, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vanessa & Jacqui, glad you could take the time to pop in and read about Jennifer! :-)

    ReplyDelete