I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Guest Author: Mel Teshco (CARNAL MOON release)

Who is Mel Teshco?
A brilliant scholar...tee-hee! Seriously, I like to think I’m an ordinary person writing extraordinary—or at least interesting— stories for readers to enjoy and love.

Who influenced you or what appeals to you about this genre?
I’m not sure I have any one influence, just a scarily big bunch of books I’ve read over too many years that have helped stimulate my rather active imagination.
I wrote my latest release CARNAL MOON for Ellora’s Cave, which is paranormal erotica. I love these sexy, darker style paranormals—another reason I also fitted right in to Harlequin’s Nocturne (Bites) line.

Share a bit about your next release, when's it out and where can we buy it?
CARNAL MOON is out October 28th, 2010 through Ellora’s Cave. It is a werewolf story set in the Sydney suburbs and government bush reserves.

Tell us a bit about the hero/heroine.
The hero is a powerful alpha male whose instinct is to mate and populate the dwindling werewolf population. The heroine is in love with her mortal lawyer boyfriend, but cannot resist the 'calling' to mate with this male werewolf at the height of the full moon.

What’s next for you?
I have another werewolf story that will hopefully be released through Nocturne Bites soon. I’m also doing some frantic rewrites and polishing up of a single title book called BELIEVE, which will mean agent hunting very soon!
Other than that I’m writing an alien story for Ellora’s Cave which features three heroes :-) , and I have around three chapters of another single title started (so excited by this – one of those spine-tingling moments you have when an idea takes hold and won’t let go!).
And last but not least, the start of another possible Nocturne bites story... LOL!!! I really do need to focus!

Where can we find you next? 
28th October - LoveCats DownUnder


CARNAL MOON

Only on the first night of each full moon, werewolves cannot resist the calling, an instinctual need to mate. Living a double life has never been difficult for Holly, but in her world, if her species is to survive, all she can look forward to is down-and-dirty, uninhibited sex with a difference partner each month. She has never had a reason to complain though. Until now.

She's fallen for Ricky Mandela, her human lover. Holly can't pretend she has a chance at a family and happily ever after. these are human dreams. But she can't give him up either. Will she have to lie and cheat to hold on to the man she loves? 

Mel's other books:


You can find out more about Mel on her website.

22 comments:

  1. OOHHH...more to at to 'the list'
    I'm loving the sound of Carnal Moon
    Thanks Kylie and Mel for the blog
    Good luck with the agent hunt Mel
    cheers
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cath, don't you love it when you discover a new book you're interested in reading? Makes you want the copy in your hands right there and then. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, you have fabulous covers! Love the post, ladies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie,
    thanks for having me back! =)
    Cath, I have one of those huge lists too - so many good books out there to read, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helene,
    thanks so much! And I agree, I've been very lucky with my covers =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like another fascinating story, Mel and I really like it that you've set it in Sydney. Another thing I like is the werewolf's desire to mate with another wolf even though she has a boyfriend. This is a great motivation and conflict. Very believable within the parameters of paranormal wolf behaviour.
    Best
    Cathleen Ross

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathleen,
    thanks for saying so! That's what I love about the paranormal world, pushing the boundaries but having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kylie and Mel for this post. Mel, your books sound fabulous and congrats on the release of Carnal Moon! All very exciting. And I agree with you and Helene - your covers are fabulous. Good luck in the agent hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey thanks so much Alli,
    it's what I love about writing: the next cover, the next release day, the first page of a new story, the first glimmer of inspiration. And a bit topsy turvy, but in my case, agent hunting and hopefully representation/acceptance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What you describe sounds very much like an addiction! LOL

    Here's to more good things for you, Mel!

    Thanks, for dropping in Alli, Cathleen & Helene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is Kylie!
    You'll find yourself jumping out of competition addictions to these kinds of addictions instead =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL...I no longer have a list as such, its now more of a book!!!!!
    Not enough reading hours in the day to keep up ;p

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh Cath,
    I *still* know how you feel!!! LOL
    I can actually vaguely remember the days as a child trying to find books to read...now it's like which one to read first!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab interview, Mel (and Kylie!). I ADORE the sound of a Sydney set werewolf story. Should be more of them. And I'm very intrigued by your alien story. Please tell more!

    Hope Carnal Moon sells like crazy for you and best wishes with your single title.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cathryn,
    I'm very pleased to hear you like the sound of a Sydney set werewolf story!
    My alien story - think a virus wiping out most of mankind, and three alien princes (along with what's left of their own race) coming to earth to find their human woman they have no choice but to share. THe world building in this is really really fun!
    I really hope CM sells like crazy too - that would be lovely!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that sounds very cool, Mel. Sounds like it'd be huge fun to write. Love books like that. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mel, I love the sound of your alien story. Is it a WIP or still in the back of your mind developing?

    World-builidng is half the fun of writing - I love throwing ideas around, playing the "What If?" game.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Kylie,
    it's a WIP, about quarter finished, though this is a novel-length so a bit to go yet!
    The world building is fantastic, half the fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mel and Kylie! Huge congrats on the release of Carnal Moon, Mel! I love the sound of your alien story too, I really need more hours in the day to get through my tbr pile!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Christina!
    It's the universal problem with writers - no reading time!!! Silly isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks everyone for dropping in and saying hi on Mel's special day - it's been great having you all here!

    Thank you also to Mel for the surprise give-away of CARNAL MOON to one lucky person. She'll contact the winner direct. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks again for having me Kylie,
    it was great fun!!

    ReplyDelete