I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Monday, October 26, 2009

Rain on a Tin Roof

Ahh, what is it about the metallic pinging sound of rain droplets hitting the ol'corregated iron roof? The noisy drumming of a steady downpour is soothing an brings a smile to my face.
The land certainly needs it at the moment - the wheat crops are looking yellow with stress, the cracks in the soil in my backyard are big enough for you to look into and see daylight from the other side of the world, and the bush/grass is dry enough to already be a major fire threat and Summer hasn't even started yet.
That we're getting some good rain as I type is a Godsend - thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I think what gives the sound of rain on a tin roof its soothing properties is the natural white noise it produces... it drowns out all distracting noises. I love it!

    ReplyDelete